The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Level Of Fitness Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
A growing number of people are becoming obese in many countries around the world and their levels of well-being and fitness are reducing considerably. There can be various reasons for this problem and certain measures can be taken to address them.
One of the main reasons for rising obesity levels is that many people have sedentary lifestyles with poor dietary habits and lack of exercise. In other words, a large number of people are obsessed with fast food and ready to eat meals rich in calories. These foods have high contents of not only salt and sugar but also saturated fats. Taking these foods in excessive amounts can lead to gaining weight. For instance, a recent survey showed that in England around 70% of obese people either eat in fast food restaurants or get takeaways.
Similarly lack of exercise is another cause of increasing obesity. A majority of people spend their time sitting in offices in front of computer screens and they do not have enough time to do any kind of exercise. As a result, they put on weight. For instance, statistics revealed that only 20% of office workers do some physical activity on a regular basis in Birmingham.
This problem can be solved by educating people about the risks associated with weight gain. Making people more aware of massive health problems that can arise from poor diet can make a significant difference. Also, this issue can be addressed by incorporating more exercise into our daily schedule. If people eat a balance diet and exercise often, the resulting health issues of obesity can be managed.
In conclusion, although obesity levels are on the rise due to inadequate dietary habits/patterns and sedentary lifestyle, they can be tackled by making some simple changes to our lifestyle. Eating a well-balanced diet as well as exercising more often can help address this issue.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Average Weight Of People Are Increasing | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Becoming Obese
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- Band 8 Sample | Causes of Obesity
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Obesity Is Increasing Among Children
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample About Public Health And Increase In Sporting Facilities