The Average Standard Of People’s Health Is Likely To Be Lower In The Future Than It Is Now | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The average standard of people’s health is likely to be lower in the future than it is now. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It is often argued that the health conditions of a person will gradually degrade in the coming years. I tend to agree with this statement, because people are majorly relying on outside food and our air is too polluted for us to breathe it.
Due to the increase in competition between various sections of the society, most people are under tremendous job pressure and can hardly take out time to cook food at home. Moreover, with easy access to various online food ordering options, many people like to order unhealthy and oily food as per their choice and this could adversely affect their health. For example, the famous home delivery option, Pizza Hut is open 24 hours and promises to deliver food in just 30 minutes. Such facilities attract the working population. Even if people decide to cook at home, the fruits and vegetables sold in the markets are laced with pesticides. As a result, many people are prone to developing health issues such as obesity and high cholesterol level.
Environmental degradation is another factor that affects the health of people. Our environment is seriously polluted by the emission of poisonous gases from factories or from vehicles. Hence, the air we breathe is highly polluted and can affect various parts of the body, because, in the process of breathing contaminated oxygen is supplied to all organs of the human body, exposing them to serious organ failures. For example, according to a recent study conducted in India by expert environmentalists, 70% of the population has traces of carbon monoxide in their body, which can lead to several serious breathing ailments.
To conclude, it is rightly said that in the coming years, most people will not be able to sustain an average healthy life. As explained above the reasons for this could be pollution and unhealthy lifestyle of people.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Average Standard Of People’s Health Is Likely To Be Lower In The Future Than It Is Now | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Average Life Expectancy Is Increasing For Both Men And Women | Is This A Positive Development
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- Some People Say Schools Should Be Responsible To Teach Young Adults To Look After Their Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Percentage Of Overweight Children In Western Society Has Increased By Almost 20% | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | The graph below shows the average monthly use of health club in Miami and Florida by all full-time members in 2017
- More And More People Are Suffering From Health Problems Caused By Modern Lifestyle Which Cannot Be Cured With Modern Medicines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Keeping pets can cause health problems in children