The words then and than are often used. Than is used in comparative structures.
- She is taller than me.
- Chennai is hotter than Mumbai.
- He is younger than his wife.
Then is a time expression.
- ‘The last bus has gone.’ ‘Then we will have to walk home.’
Then is mainly used when one speaker replies to another.
It is also used in the structure ‘if…then’.
Than vs Then
- Much of or Many of | Grammar exercise
- Simple past or present perfect tense | Grammar exercise
- Many and Much | Grammar Exercise
- Grammar exercise: Definite and indefinite articles
- Comparison using as…as
- Making comparisons using as…as
- Using even so and all the same
- Than and then
- If-clauses exercise
- Vary your vocabulary and sentence structures to get a higher band score