Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In this era of technology, television is no more considered as a luxury; rather it is a necessity. However, it is often argued by many people that television has hindered the communication between friends and families while others tend to disagree with that argument. I personally think that television plays no role in maintaining friendship nor does it have anything to do with family ties. It is an individual’s responsibility to communicate with their friends and families on a regular basis.
Television is considered as a one of the greatest inventions by humans. It keeps us updated on the latest news from around the world. People follow various channels from across the world which suits their interest. Many youngsters watch their favorite show together which gives them a common topic of discussion. Television has also brought many cultures together. Many a time families connect over dinner and discuss their favorite shows. For instance, many reality television shows such as Indian Idol and Master Chef provide a platform to talented people to showcase their skills to the world. This also provides new opportunities for friendship.
However, the negative impact of television cannot be ignored. Some people are so much habituated to watching TV that it has become a kind of addiction to them. They tend to ignore their social and personal life because of this. This habit of theirs has also impacted their health. They are more comfortable, sitting in front of a TV, enjoying their favorite show rather than doing any physical activity. Unfortunately, this makes them obese and unhealthy.
In conclusion, television has clearly brought entertainment to our lives; however, spending too much time watching TV is never a good idea. As long as a there is a balance between the time spent in front of the TV and time spent with friends and families, no one can say that the television has impacted the relations of people.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample: Television is good for us. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some People Believe That Watching Television Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of Past Because Of Internet Based Communication | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Television, Friends And Music Are The Main Factors That Influence A Child’s Development | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- It Is More Convenient To Watch A Movie On Television | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe It is Important To Give Gifts And Presents To Friends And Family To Show That We Care For Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- IELTS essay sample: Television’s role in education
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies