Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Teenagers are spending an increasing amount of time on the Internet, and this is having a negative effect on their social skills. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The internet has revolutionized the life of the modern man. These days, adolescents are mostly seen using the online service excessively and it is believed that it is negatively affecting their social skills. In my opinion, this belief is true but this problem can be resolved if teenagers are guided properly by their parents and educators.
There are myriads of reasons why usage of the internet is detrimental for children. Firstly, most of their time is being spent sitting on computer either doing some assignment or surfing the social networking sites which certainly isolates them from their family members. Secondly, their involvement in social events is minimal / negligible owing to their interest in making online foreign friends; thus, they remain inactive in their local surroundings. Thirdly, they usually lack in the communication skills as they persistently live in their virtual world.
However, the negative influence of the internet can be reduced if elders constantly monitor the activities of their children and advise them about the demerits of being online for long hours. Parents should devote time to their adolescence child; subsequently, it is better to form a timetable for their children and make sure that they adhere to the healthy lifestyle. Moreover, parents can even participate in leisurely activities along with their children to motivate them to remain socially active.
In conclusion, although the internet has generally had a positive impact on all spheres of life, it can be harmful for young people because they are using it to an extreme degree which prevents from being active in their local community. However, parents and teachers can improve the situation to a great extent by teaching youngsters about the downside of spending too much time online.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Social networking sites like Facebook have a negative impact on the society | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Are social skills becoming more important than academic skills?
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Human Activities Have Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- IELTS essay: Teenagers are becoming addicted to drugs
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample