Technologies Like AI And Robotics Are Automating Many Human Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Technologies like AI and Robotics are automating many human jobs and helping to maximize company profits. However, this may result in a new wave of mass unemployment and government should step in to regulate these fields. Discuss arguments for both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
There is an inevitable need to adopt automation in every industry. It is feared that technological advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics will eliminate many jobs and lead to large scale unemployment. Hence, some people suggest that the government should interfere and impose policies to stall automation and avoid layoffs in droves.
The fear of unemployment is real. Automation has certainly eliminated
many jobs. For example, the deployment of robots in factories rendered countless
Each company is competing with the other to stand out. Many companies concentrate on cost-cutting by developing and adopting new technologies that will reduce the number of jobs. For instance, jobs in type setting were lost due to the advancements in printing technologies.
On the other hand, automation has also created many jobs. Actually, the same technologies that eliminate many jobs also create many other jobs. For example, robots and computers do not take birth. They are made by humans. They are operated by humans. They are maintained and repaired by humans. Humans are still needed in all of these areas. In my opinion, technology may eliminate jobs in one sector but it will create jobs in another sector. So, if people are willing to upskill themselves, this will not be much of a problem.
To conclude, automation is here to stay and it is not in our power to stop it. Hence, rather than lamenting that it is destroying jobs, people should acquire new skills that will not lose value in this day and age. This way unemployment can be reduced to a great extent.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Eventually All Jobs Will Be Done by Robots
- Some Believe That Eventually All Jobs Will Be Done By Artificially Intelligent Robots | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Robots Are Essential For Development; Others Think They Are Dangerous | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Eventually All Jobs Will Be Performed by Robots
- IELTS essay sample | Technology has resulted in the loss of jobs
- Some People Think That New Technologies Benefit The Life Of Workers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- All Jobs Will Eventually Be Done By Artificially Intelligent Robots | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Scientists Believe That Computers Will Become More Intelligent Than Human Beings | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Robot Technology Is Very Important For Our Future | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Old People Today Struggle With The Use Of Modern Technologies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample