The chart below shows the results of a survey of people who visited four types of tourist attractions in Britain in the year 1999.
Here is a band 8 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS Academic Task 1 Report
The pie chart shows the percentage of people who visited four different categories of tourist attractions in Britain in 1999. Overall, theme parks were the most visited tourist attraction and among them Blackpool Pleasure Beach was the most popular one. While 38% of the people visited theme parks, museums and galleries attracted 37% of visitors.
By contrast, historic houses and monuments had only been visited by 16% of the people who participated in the survey. By contrast, wildlife parks and zoos were the least popular of the four types of tourist attractions and they were visited by just 9% of the people.
Among the five theme parks mentioned in the survey, Blackpool Pleasure Beach was the most visited as about half of the (47%) who visited theme parks had been to it. Alton towers and Pleasureland in Southport welcomed about the same percentage of the people (17% and 16% respectively). Finally, 20% of the people who visited theme parks went to Chessington World of Adventure or Legoland in Windsor.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 IELTS Report | Percentage Of Tourists To England
- You Recently Visited A Foreign Country And Got Some Information At The Tourist Information Centre
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample | Information About The Different Types Of Audio Media
- Many Museums Are Visited By Tourists, Not Local People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 9 IELTS report sample
- Band 8 IELTS report sample | Access to refrigerator, electricity and water among people in Ghana
- Band 7 report about water consumption