Successful companies use advertising to make more sales. What can make an advertisement very effective? Do you think this is a bad thing or a good thing for the society?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is an irrefutable fact that advertisements are ubiquitous. Most of the well-established organizations throughout the globe take the help of adverts in order to enhance their sales. Advertising can be made more impactful by adopting different strategies, which are discussed below. Having said that, I believe that it has deleterious impacts on the community.
To begin with, advertisements can be made more impressive by following these approaches. The chief one is that these should be creative and entertaining, because people tend to like new ideas and watch entertaining ads. Another persuasive method is to hire famous celebrities to promote products. This is mainly because these prominent people are adored by millions of followers who try to imitate their lifestyle; as a result, their fans will most likely buy the products endorsed by their role models.
However, advertisements affect society in a negative way. To elaborate, although it makes residents aware of the newly launched items, it promotes the use and throw culture. As a result, individuals are spending their life savings recklessly to buy unnecessary items. Apart from this, commercials mainly target children as / because they are more impressionable than adults. After watching these ads, kids force their parents to buy those useless products. Since many families are not well-off, this compulsive urge to own the latest products can land them in the debt trap. Hence it can be said that advertisements are detrimental for the society.
In essence, from the aforementioned arguments it is evident that though multinational companies increase their revenue by making intriguing adverts, in the long run, ads have negative effects which are hazardous to the society.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- The High Sales Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable | Band IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the positive and negative aspects of advertising
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable In Today’s Society | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That City Governments Should Spend More Money To Promote Bicycle Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Organizations And Companies Say Older People Are Better As Leaders | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample