Students From Disadvantaged And Rural Areas Are Finding It Difficult To Get A University Education | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Students from disadvantaged families and rural areas are finding it difficult to get a university education. Some people believe that universities should help them. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your experience.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips and lessons.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
University education has become expensive these days and poor students have difficulty enrolling in. Therefore, some people argue that universities should help disadvantaged students to receive tertiary education. I agree with this view.
Education is the key to a successful life and career and as such everyone regardless of their financial situation or place of birth should have access to it. When poor students receive university education, they are able to find better jobs and thus elevate their living standards. For example, my neighour is a daily wage earner. When his children graduated from high school with good grades, they could secure admission in a government college for a nominal fee. Today both of them have high paying jobs and they are also an inspiration for other poor students in the neighbourhood. Obviously, education bridges the gap between the rich and the poor and thus helps to reduce inequality. By contrast, if poor students have to quit studies after high school, they will forever be doomed to live in poverty and that benefits neither them nor the society.
By offering free or subsidised education to students coming from economically or socially backward sections of the society, universities can ensure that everyone has access to tertiary education. In countries like India the government already provides fee concession to meritorious students from poor families at state funded schools and colleges. The government should extend the scheme to private universities as well by offering them some financial incentives for doing so. It should also consider enacting laws that offer a fee waiver to academically brilliant poor students at all educational institutions in the country. Instituting more scholarships and stipends will also help.
In conclusion, education is the fundamental right of all students regardless of their financial or social backgrounds. Universities should help them achieve it by offering them scholarships and fee waiver to poor and meritorious students.
- Students From Disadvantaged Families And Rural Areas Are Finding It Difficult To Get A University Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Poor Students Find It Difficult To Get University Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Universities Should Support Students Who Come From Disadvantaged Backgrounds | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Both The Poor And The Rich Find Accessibility Into University Difficult | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Part time jobs make students stressed out
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas