Students are becoming more and more reliant on computers. What are some of the problems associated with reliance on computers, and what are some of the possible solutions?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
With the advancement of technology, use of computers has increased dramatically. Students in particular have become overly dependent on computers. Although computers make learning easier, they cause problems such as plagiarism or distraction. This essay will discuss the problems associated with over dependence on computers and also suggest some solutions.
The main problem with the use of computers among students is that they easily get distracted from studies. When students study on computers they have easy access to the internet. As a result, they may lose focus and start surfing various websites. Ultimately, this will lead to the loss of precious study time. Consequently, they search for online solutions for their study problems or even outsource their homework by paying a fee. For example, according to a popular survey conducted by Times of India, there was a significant drop in the grades / marks obtained by students after the introduction of computers in the classrooms.
However, there are solutions to this problem. One of the solutions to the problems discussed above is to block irrelevant websites from students’ computers. If useless websites are blocked on students’ computers they won’t be distracted and they won’t be able to copy their homework from the Internet. Another possible solution could be the use of plagiarism detection software. When this software is installed, students will not search for solutions online as they know that they will be caught by the software. For example, many universities use plagiarism detection software to check whether assignments submitted by students are genuine or not.
In conclusion, there are some problems associated with reliance of students on computers. Students could lose focus on studies or they may copy homework from the internet. However, these problems can be solved by installing plagiarism detection software and by blocking unwanted websites.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Students are becoming more and more reliant on computers | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers
- We Are Becoming Increasingly Dependent On Computers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- Is dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- IELTS Speaking Practice | Describe an app that you use
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?
- Essays for Sale: How to Distinguish Between a Trustworthy Writing Company & a Cheap Alternative?