Stress Is Now A Major Problem In Many Countries Around The World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Stress is now
a major problem in many countries around the world.
What are some of the factors in modern society that cause this stress, and how can we reduce it?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
People everywhere are now under tremendous stress. In my opinion, there are many factors responsible for this. Luckily, there are also some ways to alleviate stress.
One of the major factors that cause stress on people is the work pressure. This is because employees are inundated with numerous corporate responsibilities that do not take into consideration their personal lives. Few businesses care for the wellbeing of their employees. They only want to multiply their profits. As a result, employees are often forced to put in too much effort. The obligation to perform the tasks efficiently within a limited time frame puts them under tremendous pressure. For example, as per a survey conducted by psychologists in India in 2019, 70% of the stress cases were due to excessive work pressure. To lessen this issue, I believe that work duties should be assigned considering the human capabilities, so that one one feels relaxed rather than anxious while performing those duties.
Another factor / the other factor that might be held responsible for stress is the unhealthy / growing competition among the individuals. The reason for this is that, nowadays, people are trying to compete with each other in every aspect so as to achieve the superiority. For instance, people working at managerial level in Multi National Companies compete with their colleagues so as to attain promotion. Thus, the pressure to outperform their colleagues can elevate their stress levels.
To tackle this issue, it is essential for the government to step in. The government should enact labour laws that prevent employers from exploiting their employees. It is also essential to spread awareness among people about the importance of keeping stress levels low. People should be encouraged to opt out of the rat race to live a contented and stress free life.
In conclusion, heavy load of work and soaring competition are the factors that put people under stress. However, it is essential to conquer this menace because stress can affect the health and productivity of people. The government can achieve this to a great extent by enacting humane labour laws.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Stress Is Now A Major Problem In Many Countries Around The World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the causes of stress
- Overpopulation In Many Major Urban Centres Around The World Is A Major Problem | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Air And Water Pollution Has Become A Major Problem In Many Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Psychologists Recommend That It Is Important To Overcome Stress By Doing Nothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The most important thing about a job is the salary
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Psychologists Say That Doing Absolutely Nothing For A Period Of Time Is The Key To Reducing Stress in Everyday Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Sleep Less Than Before In Many Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample