Spending Money On Space Exploration Programmes Is A Waste Of Money | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people think that the government should spend money to explore outer space, while others think that it is a waste of public money. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
According to some people, the government should not spend money on space exploration. I agree with this view. In my opinion, there are other areas that need public spending. Also, space exploration is not crucial for the development of a country.
Of course, there are some benefits to investing in space research. It helps us to learn more about the universe we are a part of. Also, there is a possibility that some space missions may find life on other planets. We may also be able to find other inhabitable planets. Since, population growth is leading to a resource crunch on planet earth, finding another planet that can sustain life is in the larger interest of the whole humanity.
On the other hand, there is no guarantee that we will find another planet that we can colonize. It is a mere possibility and it may take hundreds or thousands of years before we actually manage to achieve it. Hence, spending public money on such projects is unlikely to offer much in return at the moment. What’s more, there are several other pressing needs on earth that need immediate resolution. For example, millions of people still do not have access to potable water or education. Even today, thousands of people die in war and conflicts almost every day. It is foolish to spend money on space programmes before addressing these issues. Actually, making our planet more livable is much better than finding another planet to live in.
In conclusion, although outer space exploration projects help us to learn more about the universe, these projects are not crucial for the development of a country. Moreover, public money should be spent on more pressing issues like healthcare and education because they directly impact the public.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Space Exploration Costs Taxpayers Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Other | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Space Exploration | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Space Exploration Costs Tax payers An Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Year | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Exploration Of Space Justifies A Large Amount Of Government And Private Investment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Space Travel Has Made Little Difference To People’s Lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Government Investment In The Arts Is A Waste Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some think spending a lot on birthday celebration and weddings is a waste of money | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them