During the second part of the IELTS Speaking Test, you need to talk about a topic for one or two minutes. You will be given a minute to prepare some notes before you speak.
Here is a speaking sample.
Talk about a musical event you have enjoyed attending
A musical event I enjoyed attending was an opera. It was a presentation of La Boheme and it took place at the Sydney Opera House. There are several reasons why I enjoyed the event. First of all, it was the very first opera I watched in my life. I went to Australia as part of my student exchange project and got a chance to see my sister Aditi who lives there. During this visit I also met some of her friends. They were all very nice people. We went together to watch the opera. I was quite excited about getting an opportunity to visit the Sydney Opera House. In addition, I thoroughly enjoyed their company. It was great fun going to a new place with people I felt comfortable with.
The music was great, but that was not the only reason I enjoyed the event. I absolutely loved the building and its surroundings. It is located in a beautiful place. The round roofs are an architectural marvel. They look like waves. The best thing about the building is the acoustics. It is incredible.
Watching the opera was a magical experience. I enjoyed it so much. It was a very special moment for me to watch an opera on the stage for the first time. Those memories will stay with me for a long time.
- IELTS speaking: sample task cards
- Topic card: Describe a city or town you enjoyed visiting
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- IELTS Speaking sample test with answers 2
- IELTS speaking test in Nigeria
- Topic card: Talk about an elderly person you know
- IELTS Speaking Test Questions
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- IELTS speaking sample test
- Linking words: generalising