Space Exploration Costs Taxpayers Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Other | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Space exploration costs taxpayers exorbitant amount of money each year. What are the advantages and disadvantages of spending money on space exploration?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Enormous amount of taxpayers’ money is being spent on space exploration every year. There are benefits as well as drawbacks associated with space missions.
One of the main advantages of space exploration is that it has provided us with deeper insights into the universe as well as the knowledge of the world we live in. For example, scientists are able to predict weather patterns and natural disasters with the help of satellites. Also space missions help the scientists develop new scientific technologies. These latest technological innovations have been proved useful not only for astronauts but also for people living on this planet. For instance, GPS system, which is used in smart phones and tablets, is developed with the help of satellites. It is also possible to predict natural disasters with the help of satellites.
However, there are also some downsides to exploring and finding out more about the universe. One evident drawback is that it endangers the lives of astronauts. Many accidents happened in the past. For example, the Challenger space shuttle exploded within minutes of its launch. Moreover, billions of dollars are required to build spacecrafts and shuttles. And if the mission fails, the whole of that money is lost.
This is money that could have been used to reduce the sufferings of humans on earth. Millions of people still do not have enough to eat. Countless others live in refugee camps or in extreme poverty. If even a fraction of the money spent on space research is used for improving the conditions on earth, the world would be a much better place to live in.
To conclude, space research certainly enables us to learn more about the universe and because of this reason it is worth spending money on it. However, spending too much money on space research is not a worthy endeavour because there are more pressing problems on earth. Also space missions have a higher risk of failure.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Space Exploration | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- Space Travel Has Made Little Difference To People’s Lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Did moon landing benefit common people?
- Some People Think That The Only Way To Judge Someone’s Success In Business Is By The Amount of Money They Make | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Task 1 Report About Amount Of Money That US Charity Spent And Received
- Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- More Money Should Be Spent On Adult Education Than on Children’s Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts And This Money Could Be Better Spent Elsewhere | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample