Space Exploration Costs Tax payers An Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Year | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Space exploration costs taxpayers an exorbitant amount of money each year. What are the advantages and disadvantage of spending money on space exploration?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It is true that sending satellites for space research needs a huge investment of taxpayers’ money annually. While there are certainly some benefits like addressing the climate changes and finding a habitable place other than earth there are certain drawbacks to be taken in to account.
On the one hand, celestial research is associated with lots of benefits. To start with, one benefit of space exploration is that it provides an opportunity to find a habitable place outside of earth. To be more precise, planet earth is highly populated and there is a limitation of natural resources and this is pushing the international countries to fund more space exploration programmes to find an alternative place for humans. To illustrate this, the American space research organisation NASA has spent trillions of dollars in exploration of Mars through experiments and has found out evidence of water. Secondly, planet earth is faced with climatic changes like global warming. Space stations act as vital sources of information and help predict natural disasters. A good example of this is the space station by Russian team which orbits around the earth and gives a clear picture of the forthcoming natural events.
However space research has its own downsides which ought not to be neglected .One drawback of spending taxpayers’ money on space research is that other areas that need development are neglected. What I mean is that spending exorbitant amount of money on building space ships will deprive the public of basic amenities like healthcare, education and infrastructure. Another issue involved in space exploration is that it risks the life of astronauts who are part of it .For example, due to technical errors the Challenger and the Columbia space shuttles by NASA on their way to earth exploded causing the death of all the crew members.
In conclusion, despite the few benefits space exploration diverts the country’s primary goal of addressing the basic needs of its people and poses serious threat to the life of astrophysicists involved in it.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Space Exploration Costs Taxpayers Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Other | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Space Exploration | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Space Travel Has Made Little Difference To People’s Lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Places, New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available For Building Them Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets To Go To Sporting Or Cultural Events | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Large Company In Your Area Has Decided To Spend A Certain Amount Of Money Either To Sponsor A Local Sports Team Or | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Did moon landing benefit common people?
- Some People Believe That Preserving Natural Environment Is Crucial But Most Make No Effort To Do So | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample