Nowadays, many families have both parents working. Some working parents believe other family members like grandparents can take care of their children, while others think childcare centres provide the best care. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days, in most families both parents are working. Because of this trend, some people believe that family members such as grandparents are the best people to take care of their children, while others are of the opinion that childcare centres are better. In my opinion, children should be raised by their grandparents because they provide the best care.
There are certainly a few benefits to leaving children at day care centres. The most important among them is the fact that they have trained care providers. However, many centres are crowded and it is not possible for them to give individual attention to each child. Safety is also a concern. There have been many instances in which children were either assaulted or molested by the care providers at these centres. Another disadvantage is that parents may find it difficult to drop off kids at these centres and pick them up on time because of their busy work schedules.
On the other hand, I believe that grandparents are the best people to take care of children because of the natural affection they have for their grandchildren. Also, they have experience in caring for children. For example, my parents are taking adequate care of my son and I have no concerns regarding his safety. Another reason for leaving children under the care of grandparents is that it will help them bond better and this will eventually build a stronger and happier family. In addition, when family members look after the kids, parents do not have to worry about taking them to the crèche.
In conclusion, despite the fact that some people may vary in their opinion, I strongly believe that grandparents are the right people to take care of children in the absence of their family. Unlike care providers at a day care centre, they have strong affection for their grandchildren and provide them the best care.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some Working Parents Think Childcare Centres Provide The Best Care For Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Working Parents Think Children Should Be Sent To Child Care Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Grandparents Provide Better Care Than Day Care Centres
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Sending Kids to Childcare Centres Is Better Than Leaving Them in the Care of Their Grandparents
- Some Parents Prefer To Have Their Children Raised By Their Grandparents | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Grandparents Vs. Day Care Centres
- Some People Say That With The Help Of Parenting And Child Development Courses Parents Can Improve The Life Of Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Go Out To Work. Should The Government Provide Free Staff And Facilities To Care For Their Children | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Is it good for children to be brought up by their grandparents?