Some Sports Are Extremely Dangerous For Those Who Play Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some sports are extremely dangerous for those who play them. Why do people participate in such sports? What measures could they take to minimise the risks involved?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Sports are an essential part of life and almost every country supports their players to achieve the highest ranks and medals in events such as Olympics. However, some sports such as wrestling and car racing involve high risks and sometimes might even lead to the death of the player/participant. Despite the levels of danger involved, players actively participate in such sports. This essay will discuss the reasons behind this and some measures to prevent such mishaps.
One of the prominent reasons, people participate in a particular sport is their passion for that game. For instance, some people are crazy about speed and love to participate in car racing events. Another reason could be parental pressure. In many countries such as Japan and China, parents want their children to excel in sports like boxing or wrestling and martial arts. Hence, children eventually develop interest and they grow up into talented boxers or wrestlers who are able to secure a gold medal for their country. Sometimes, people also participate in dangerous sports just for the sake of making money as people get heavily paid when they engage themselves in something which has high danger levels.
Nevertheless, there is a way to reduce the accidents associated with these sports. For example, thorough checks should be done before the car racing events to check for any technical issues with the car. Also, the drivers should be secured with high-quality helmets in order to prevent chances of severe injuries. In addition to this, instant medical aids should be present at the venue to avoid delays in the treatment of injured drivers. Moreover, for sports like boxing, there should be strict rules against hitting the opponent player beyond limits and the wrestlers should be made to wear knee caps and other protective gears.
In conclusion, although some sports are risky, people continue to participate in such games. They do this in order to earn money or because of their passion for that sport. However, safety measures such as wearing protective gears and security checks can be used to minimise the risk levels associated with such sports.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- Some People Think That Dangerous Sports Should Be Banned | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Why Do People Take Part In Dangerous Sports? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Learning To Play A Team Sport Is An Important Part Of A Child’s Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Rescue Workers Should Not Risk Their Life To Save People Doing Dangerous Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is Fine For Professional Sports Persons To Misbehave On Or Off The Field As Long As They Are Playing Well | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Succeed in Sports
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals Always Succeed In Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample