Some say that the Internet is making the world smaller by bringing people together. To what extent do you agree that the Internet is making it easier for people to communicate with one another?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
With the advent of the World Wide Web, the world has turned into a global village where communication across the globe has become quite easy. However, I can only partially agree with the argument that this has helped people to communicate better because it has also led to some serious issues.
If we look at the positive aspects, the internet has made communication faster than what it was three decades ago. Unlike in the olden days, when people used to write letters and wait for replies for a very long span of time, emails have made communications instant. This to and fro messaging system has proved advantageous for various businesses. Secondly, the internet also makes us feel that nobody is far away. For instance, my sister who studies in Ireland is in regular contact with us and we do regular video chats with her. Consequently, my parents are less concerned about her well being and it also gives a feeling that she is close to us.
On the contrary, this mode of communication has given rise to various social issues. Some juveniles, these days, are so much engrossed in chatting on social networking websites such as Facebook that they are becoming less sociable. They prefer interacting with unknown strangers over the internet rather than talking to their loved ones around them. Additionally, a few people also get in touch with wrong people and get involved in illegal activities as no sanity check or background check is done on them before they start chatting with them.
In conclusion, although internet has made it possible to communicate with people anywhere in the world with just a click of a button, it has given rise to various new issues which can have detrimental effects on a person’s life. Hence, we should be cautious while chatting over the Internet and investigate unknown people before interacting with them.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Say That The Internet Is Making The World Smaller By Bringing People Together
- Some People Say That The Internet Is Bringing People Together By Making The World Smaller | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Made The World Smaller By Bringing People Together | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of Past Because Of Internet Based Communication | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- The Internet Has Created Problems That Did Not Exist Before | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?