Some Say Music, Art And Drama Should Be Taught At Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some say that music, art and drama are as important as other school subjects, especially at the primary level. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Primary schooling is the age when children discover their talents and learn new skills. Hence some people insist that in addition to academic subjects, non-academic subjects like art and music should be taught at primary school. I fully agree with this view.
To begin with, primary classes are considered a crucial part of education, as children learn basic life skills at this time. To explain further, children learn faster during the age between 5 and 11 than any other time, so if arts subjects are taught during this time frame they may develop an interest in these areas. If they discover their talent for singing or acting at a very young age, they may even be able to pursue a career in those fields. For instance, most of the famous musicians started learning music at a very young age and this led them to choose it as a career. So it is important that these arts subjects are taught at a young age.
In addition to the aforementioned benefit, art subjects when integrated with core subjects can make the learning process more interesting. To further elaborate, art subjects can be linked to core subjects for making learning fun. For example linking maths and music can help children understand concepts like counting, rhythm, harmonies, scales and patterns etc. So integrating academic and non-academic subjects can help students to understand concepts clearly. Also art subjects have the power to refresh the student’s body and mind and thus contribute to better learning outcome. Therefore, the importance of art subjects cannot be overlooked.
To conclude, it is important to teach art subjects at primary school because they help students to beat academic pressure and discover talents that they can develop into a career.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some People Say That Art Subjects Such As Music, Drama And Creative Writing Should Be Included In School Syllabus | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Experts Believe That It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language At Primary School | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools
- Children Will Benefit From Attending Nursery School Before Primary School
- It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language From Primary School | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
- Children Should Go To Kindergarten Before Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Think Art And Music Still Have A Place In Today’s Modern World Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample