Some Say Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some say that music, art and drama are as important as other school subjects, especially at the primary level. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
People often debate what subjects should be taught at school. Some people argue that subjects like art, music and drama should be made as compulsory as other academic subjects from the elementary level. I totally agree with the view as learning these practical subjects improves the intellectual skills of students and hones their skills for a bright future.
To begin with, these three subjects help to develop children’s imagination and interest in learning. The Children at an early age enjoy learning through enjoyable and creative methods as they help to bind the concentration in different ways. For instance, in kinder school, pupils learn alphabets more rapidly by using the rhyming technique than the traditional method. Thus, it is evident that non-academic subjects play a crucial role in developing the intellectual skills of students.
In addition, not everybody is capable of becoming a successful doctor, engineer, businessman or lawyer. Different students have different learning abilities. Some students lack interest in academics but have great hold on extra-curricular subjects. Therefore, at an early age, getting hands on experience in these subjects assists learners to develop expertise which might prove to be beneficial in future. Studies have also shown that
In conclusion, I firmly believe that subjects like music, art and drama should be made compulsory in schools from the elementary level itself. These subjects will not only improve the intellectual skills of the students, but also give them an opportunity to polish their latent talents. And students who have a flair for art or drama might even be able to build a career in those fields.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Should Be Taught At Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Art Subjects Such As Music, Drama And Creative Writing Should Be Included In School Syllabus | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children Should Study Academic Subjects At School; Others Believe That Practical Subjects Are More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should schools remove non-academic subjects from the syllabus?
- Senior School Students Should Learn A Wide Range Of Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should subjects like mathematics and philosophy be optional at school?
- Do You Think Art And Music Still Have A Place In Today’s Modern World Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Experts Believe That It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language At Primary School | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning English At School Is Often Seen As More Important Than Learning Local Languages | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample