Some Psychologists Say That Doing Absolutely Nothing For A Period Of Time Is The Key To Reducing Stress in Everyday Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some psychologists say that doing absolutely nothing for a period of time each day is the key to decreasing stress in everyday life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some psychological experts argue that in order to eliminate stress from our daily life, it is better to spend a certain amount of time without engaging in any sort of activities. However, it seems that this suggestion does not appear to be much productive due to manifold reasons.
Firstly, being idle for a period of time would probably create a state of laziness in the people. To elaborate, this practice does not significantly stimulate the body and mind. Instead of that, it leads to a more idle state. In addition, this method may become more boring for many a person, as it lacks any sort of mental or physical stimulation. For example, doing some activities like meditation increases the concentration and presence of mind; however, being idle leads to sleepiness / drowsiness. Therefore, the benefit may not be progressive as expected. What’s more, people may entertain unwanted or harmful thoughts while staying idle. In the end, this will cause more harm than good.
Secondly, there are various ways to cope with mental stress, which can deliver not only mental but also physical advantage. Being engaged in activities like sports and games, for instance, boosts our mental health; apart from that, it helps us to stay rejuvenated throughout the day.
To conclude, it does not seem advisable that such relaxation techniques advocated by certain experts are effective for every individual in the long term, as it does not contribute significantly to deal with daily stress; actually, there are better ways to cope with stress. Hence, in my opinion, this suggestion is not likely to be productive.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Psychologists Recommend That It Is Important To Overcome Stress By Doing Nothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the causes of stress
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Teenage Years Are the Happiest Period of Life
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV does not improve the intellectual skills of children
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Teenage Years Are The Happiest Period Of Life
- Average Standard Of People’s Health Is Likely To Be Lower In The Future Than It Is Now | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Doctors Are Concerned About The Use Of Computer Games By Children And Young | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Living In The 21st Century Have Better Quality Of Life Than People Born In Earlier Centuries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Best Way To Improve Health Is To Do Regular Exercise | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Why Is It Difficult To Define Happiness?