Some Psychologists Recommend That It Is Important To Overcome Stress By Doing Nothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some psychologists recommend that it is important to overcome stress by spending time doing nothing. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days, the hectic lifestyle has increased the stress level among people. A few psychologists suggest that one of the ways to get rid of stress is to stay idle for some time. In my opinion, stress is preventing us from enjoying our happy moments and inviting acute diseases. I strongly agree with the argument that stealing some time from daily chores to give rest to your mind, helps in reducing the stress level.
To begin with, the brain, like any other human body part, needs time to repair the damaged tissues. The brain works in a manner similar to a machine. And if we overload it with numerous activities, then it will collapse at one stage. Therefore, we need to give it rest by taking some time-off. In a recent survey it was found that people who work more than 14 hours a day are 80% more likely to die in their 50s.
On the other hand, there are many benefits to doing nothing. By not engaging in any work, we can divert our mind towards good old memories. It releases good hormones in our body. These feel good hormones refresh our mind and provide extra energy. Also we can use this time to converse with the family members. It contributes to developing strong bond among family members. For example, studies have shown that people who spend a lot of time with their family have considerably reduced risk of developing cardiac problems.
In conclusion, stress is like a termite. It not only kills the present joy but also ruins future plans. Hence, it is not healthy to constantly focus on our life goals. An occasional break from these priorities will help to alleviate stress and bring peace to mind and life.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay about the causes of stress
- People Are Less Fit And Active Now Than In The Past | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is More Important To Spend Time In Developing A Successful Career | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Performance Of Staff Can Have A Significant Impact On The Success Of A Company | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Traditional Medicines Are Better Than Modern Medicines
- In Many Places Shopping Is The New Leisure Time Activity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- What Are The Main Causes Of Immigration? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample