Some People Work For The Same Organization For Their Whole Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people work for the same organisation for their whole life. Others think that it is better to work for different organisations. Discuss both views, and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Need help with organizing your IELTS essay. Find tips on our Youtube channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The work culture is distinctive in every part of the globe. Hence, some individuals stick to the same company, and others try different options available in the market due to various reasons. However, I believe that it is always productive to explore job opportunities at various organizations whenever that is possible.
On the one hand, there are a couple of reasons why one must hold onto the same job throughout their life. Firstly, people in the government sector usually prefer to stay in the same job till the end. Promotion opportunities, in particular, are quite high in this sector and people get smart salaries and status in the society. In multinational companies also the resignation rate is extremely low, and people tend to stick to their jobs for longer. Professionals like doctors who work for state-of-the-art hospitals such as Fortis, tend to work under the same organisation. Because they have built a reputation among their patients, so they get respect and handsome money at the same time.
On the flip side, many people do require to switch their jobs. Today’s youth is carrier oriented, and once they pursue higher academic credentials, they change their industries. If a person worked as an optometrist after graduation, they would seek better employment options after a master’s degree or maybe a professional fellowship. It is usually not possible without changing the organisation. Besides, a large number of people do believe that exposure to different industries provides them with options to explore their potentials. Some jobs and industries operate on the local scale, so employee’s experience will also remain restricted. Consequently, they move to get global exposure at international ventures.
In conclusion, although switching between industries is in vogue nowadays, mainly in the private sector, some individuals have a conventional approach. They like to retire in the same company where they started. However, in my opinion, it is better to change jobs whenever a good opportunity arises and also when one feels that growth prospects in the current job are bleak.
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- These Days People Change Careers Several Times During Their Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Try To Find A Balance Between Their Work And Other Aspects Of Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To What Extent Do Work-Life Balance Matter?
- Many People These Days Change Career Throughout Their Working Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That People Who Do Physical Work Should Be Paid On Par With The People Who Have High Level Degree | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People Are Now Moving Away From An Agricultural Background To Cities For Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That When Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Are Innovative And Able To Work Independently | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?