Some People Think The Role Of Parents Is To Discipline Their Children And Teach Them About Right And Wrong | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think the role of parents is to discipline their children and teach them about right and wrong. Other people consider that the main responsibility of parents is to nurture their children and provide them a Safe environment to grow up in. Discuss both sides and give your opinion?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that it is the responsibility of parents to teach the right values to their children, while others think that the main duty of parents is to provide children with a safe environment to grow up in. While teaching children the right values can teach them good behaviour, I believe that parenting children in a safe environment will help children to avoid negative behaviour.
One the one hand, if children are taught the right discipline and values they tend to learn social behaviour. This is to say that children do not possess adequate knowledge about right and wrong behaviour and when kids are taught from a young age, they are more likely to behave well in their teenage. For example, a recent survey conducted by the American Bullying Association revealed that the kids who were taught moral values at home did not bully other kids in school. However, I believe that children’s age should also be taken into consideration while teaching them good behaviour.
On the other hand, parenting and providing children a safe environment at home can avoid children from developing negative behaviour. In other words, when parents do not provide them a friendly environment they are more likely to develop anxiety and depression and this will cause them to develop aggressive and violent behaviour later on in life. For instance, a research study by The Guardian showed that 23% of the children in America developed some kind of violent and aggressive behaviour as they were brought up by divorced parents. I, therefore, believe that it is very important that children should have a good environment and proper parenting in their childhood.
To conclude, although teaching discipline and right values can teach them social behaviour, I believe affectionate parenting and a friendly environment are more important as it will help children to avoid negative behaviour in life.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Children Do Not Respect Parents
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Some People Argue That It Is The Responsibility Of The Parents To Teach Children About Healthy Eating Habits | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- The Only Way To Solve The Increasing Crime Rate Of Young Offenders Is To Teach Parents Better Parenting Skills | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline