Some People Think The Most Important Skill Nurses Should Have Is Good Clinical Knowledge | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think the most important skill nurses should have is good medical knowledge. Others believe there are other more important qualities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
At some point in their lives, every person has received the care of nurses. It is believed by many that nursing professionals should have excellent clinical knowledge, whereas others think that they must be equipped with additional vital traits. This essay will discuss both sides and conclude with my opinion.
One cannot deny the fact that the clinical skills are cardinally important for the nurses to have, as it could save or cost a life. Nursing is a challenging profession that requires a wide range of knowledge of medicines or medical practices as they are the communicator between the patients and the doctors. For example, if the nurse cannot understand the instructions of the doctor, then it might have a serious consequence for the patients as they are unlikely to receive the right care. Research shows that 2% of deaths happens in hospitals due to the lack of proficiency among the clinical staffs.
However, the nurses should also possess other qualities such as empathy and patience which would greatly help the injured people to recover. Such qualities add an extra value to their medical practice. A person may be getting the right treatment but if he does not get proper care, it could slow down his recovery process. For instance, a research carried out by NHS in United Kingdom states that the patient who is happy/pleased with their care-taker recovers much quicker than others.
In conclusion, in my opinion, even though the medical knowledge is important, additional soft skills are just as important for the medical staffs.
- Some People Think The Most Important Thing For Nurses Is To Have Strong Medical Knowledge | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- When Doctors And Nurses Migrate What Problems Do They Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Britain When Someone Gets Old They Often Go To Live In A Home With Other Old People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Living Longer. Is This A Positive Development Or Negative Development?
- Healthcare Should Not Be Provided For Free Regardless Of A Person’s Income | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Is Leadership An Innate Skill? What Characteristics Do Companies Look For In A Manager? | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People View Giving Presents As An Important Way To Show Care | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That When Buying A Product Or Service, Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample