Some people think that youngsters should get involved in unpaid work, while others oppose as it may affect their career. Discuss both the sides and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include and relevant examples.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Find essay organization tips and writing lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to many people, young adults should participate in the different types of community services. However, others assert that unpaid service acts as a distractor and has negative impacts on the career prospects of a youngster. In my opinion, the young adults ought to engage in voluntary community service as it teaches them empathy and valuable social and team skills.
People who are against children participating in community service assert that it is a fruitless activity. Education plays a critical role in the making of a successful person. To score high grades in academics, a student needs perseverance and adequate time to focus on studies. If an individual spends more time in community services, it will become physically and mentally difficult for him to devote enough time to studies, and it will affect their academic result and make future prospects bleak. While this is certainly a downside, in my opinion, this problem can be mitigated by reducing the amount of time spent on community service.
On the other hand, there are several benefits to engaging in unpaid work. To start with, it enables teenagers to get a better understanding of the world outside. These days children often lead a cocooned life wherein their needs are taken care of the parents. When they get out and help the society through their work, they get to know the problems affecting others. This is a great opportunity for them to develop empathy and social commitment. They also learn many other valuable skills like team management, problem solving and communication. All of these skills will stand them in good stead when they enter the workplace in future.
In conclusion, unpaid community service benefits young people in many ways. In my opinion, children should be engaged to volunteer during their free time. This will not only make them useful citizens but also teach them valuable social and communication skills.
- Some People Think That Youngsters Should Get Involved In Unpaid Work | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Youngsters Should Get Involved In Community Work | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Unpaid community work must be compulsory for school children
- Some People Think That Criminals Who Commit Minor Crimes Should Be Made To Do Unpaid Community Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Unpaid Community Service Should Be A Compulsory Part Of High School Programmes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Unpaid Community Service Should Be Part Of High School Curriculum
- Your Local Hospital Has Advertised For People To Do Unpaid Work Helping At The Hospital | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Local Hospital Has Advertised People To Do Unpaid Work Helping At The Hospital | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band IELTS Essay Sample | Unpaid Community Service Should Be Part Of School Curriculum
- More And More Youngsters Have Unsupervised Access To The Internet | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample