Some people think that watching sport in leisure time is a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, reports and letters corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, spending free time by watching a particular sport is just killing precious time. However, I disagree with the statement as in my opinion it is a useful activity and has many benefits of its own.
To begin with, by watching sports in leisure time, one can learn several things such as cooperation and team spirit. Sports teams exhibit a tremendous level of team spirit that one can apply in one’s daily life. Also, while watching the game, we can gain immense knowledge about it. Moreover, watching sports with our loved ones is a great opportunity to spend some quality time with them. Better still, cheering together for our favourite team brings us closer. Hence, watching sports offers many benefits that are much needed in every sphere of life.
Sports lovers often have role models that fascinate them the most. One tries to copy them and follow their secrets to stay fit and ultimately gets benefited by adopting healthy lifestyles. Some of them get inspired and choose sports as their career. For example, the present captain of Indian Cricket team Mahinder Singh Dhoni was inspired by former captain Sunil gavasker and dreamt of becoming like him. With substantial amount of dedication and hard work he achieved it. So, there are many such stories where a particular sport has inspired people.
In conclusion, watching sports in leisure time is a good way of spending time and for some people this hobby may even turn into a career. So, people should encourage their children to develop interest in sport by watching it and participating in it whenever possible.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- More People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- Some People Think That It Is A Good Idea To Have A Detailed Plan For Leisure Time Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is Far More Attention On Men’s Sports Than Women’s Sport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- Some People Believe That Watching Television Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Your Phones Or Tablets | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Sports Programmes On Television Are The Reason For The Poor Health Of Young People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample