Some People Think That The Problem With Education In Poor Countries Is The Teaching Methodology Used | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
While some people think that the problem with education in poor countries is the teaching methodology used, others believe it is the lack of resources that is the real issue. Discuss both sides.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
A particular section of individuals believe that the primary issue associated with the education system of developing nations is the methods of teaching whereas others opine that shortage of teaching resources is the main concern. In the following paragraphs, I will discuss both the perspectives.
The way of teaching in developing countries is totally different from that in developed nations. Firstly, poor countries use the traditional method of teaching that comprises of lecturing. In this method, the teacher delivers the lecture to a group of students and the group contains students of various intellectual levels. Hence, certain topics could be difficult for some students to understand. Secondly, the students find this method boring and lose their interest in their studies. To elaborate, sometimes students fall asleep in the class as there is no interaction between the teacher and the students. Lastly, due to low wages the teachers do not want to take any effort to teach the students.
On the other hand, lack of teaching resources is also a crucial problem in developing countries. There are numerous sophisticated devices which enhance teaching and learning. However, these are not affordable for the poor countries. Moreover, the internet is an essential component of the modern education but due to its cost some poor countries cannot make it accessible in all the parts of their nation. Apart from this, the government of poor countries is not capable of providing some other amenities such as transportation, libraries and school buildings as they do not have enough money resources.
In conclusion, conservative teaching methodology and insufficient resources which pose a negative impact on the education system are the reasons for the low economic status of poor nations.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Should wealthy nations share their wealth among poor nations
- In Many Countries, The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about financial assistance to poor nations
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Are Leaving Their Poor Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Rich nations should help poor nations
- Number Of Hours Teachers Spent Teaching In Four Countries | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations