Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that the government should pay one of the parents of very young children to stay at home to look after their children. What do you think would be the advantages and disadvantages of this policy?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays both the parents work due to financial reasons and because of their busy schedules, their children suffer. It is believed by some people that for children’s better upbringing and proper care, either mother or father should be paid to stay at home by the government. There are certainly some benefits to this practice; however, there are several disadvantages too.
To begin with, one of the obvious benefits of keeping one parent at home is that it ensures better care of the child. Needless to say, parents understand the needs of their children better than others because they share a stronger emotional bond with them. That is why if they stay with them, they will provide the best care and attention to their children. Money is the main reason that encourages both parents to work. If the government provides monetary assistance to one of them, they can stay at home without having to worry about meeting the expenses of raising a baby.
On the contrary, there are some drawbacks to having such policies as it will put extra burden on the government. We all are aware that the government has many areas to work on such as education, poverty, employment and all of these require more funds. In order to pay money to parents, it has to reduce its spending in other areas and that might have even more adverse effects on a country’s economy. Also the parent who decides to stay home to care for the child may find it difficult to secure a good job once they decide to return to the job market.
To conclude, it is indeed true that a care provider cannot provide the same care as a parent. If the government offers financial assistance to one of the parents for staying at home, it will definitely benefit the child. However, it will put strain on the public exchequer.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Need help with English grammar and writing? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar.
- Band 9 essay sample | The government should pay one of the parents to stay at home
- People Especially Mothers Often Decide To Stay At Home To Take Care Of Family | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- Some Working Parents Think Children Should Be Sent To Child Care Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people blame the government for the increase in childhood obesity while others think it is the parents’ fault.
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Working Parents Think Childcare Centres Provide The Best Care For Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Go Out To Work. Should The Government Provide Free Staff And Facilities To Care For Their Children | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample