Some People Think That The Government Should Cap The Salaries Of People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries. Some people think that this is good for a country, while others believe that the government should control salaries and limit the amount people can earn. Discuss both views and give your opinion?
Here is a band 7.5 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Salaries of people working in different professions vary across the countries. A small section of the society take home a handsome salary package but for most of the people the amount of money earned is just sufficient to support their basic requirements. While some people think that the government should cap the amount a person can earn, I do not agree with that view. In my opinion, when a few people earn large sums of money, it is beneficial for the country.
A group of individuals are of the view that the government should control people’s salaries. They think that by limiting the amount of money which people can earn, a government can reduce the difference between the rich and the poor in a country. Although doing this would reduce the income of those capable of earning high salaries, it would not motivate poor people to put in more efforts to increase their incomes. Hence, I think by controlling the upper limit of salaries, the socio- economic differences between various classes of people cannot be altered to a significant degree.
Conversely, if the government does not control the salaries, it is advantageous for the country. This is because the higher salaries of their peers often motivate people to work hard. Often professionals such as doctors, engineers, chartered accountants and college lecturers earn very good salaries. And it is this handsome salary package which encourages our young adults to study rigorously and work for long hours. It would be unfair not to allow one to earn as per his potential. If people are allowed to earn as per their capabilities, more and more people will be encouraged to pursue professions known for the handsome salary amount. It would result in a country full of professionals. In addition, these people will spend the money they earn and thus increase the economic activity within the country. Therefore, it is definitely beneficial for the country if people are allowed to earn as much as they can.
To conclude, although opinions vary, in my perspective, the government should not control the maximum amount of salary that a person can earn. When a few people earn an exceedingly high salary it is good for the country.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Post it below in the comments and get a band score estimate for free.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries
- Band 9 essay about the huge salaries of sports people
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
- IELTS essay sample | Governments should cap IELTS essays at a certain level
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should give money to homeless people
- The Government Should Give Money To Homeless People | Band 7 IELTS essay sample
- Employees in senior management positions should receive higher salaries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Job Satisfaction More Important Than Salary?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Best Way To Motivate Employees Is To Offer Them Financial Incentives