Some People Think That The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent elsewhere? To what extent to do you agree with this view?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
There are some people who often consider that investing in arts is an unwanted move taken by the government. However, in their opinion, spending money on essential services is crucial. In my opinion, spending on arts sector is also essential.
Firstly, spending some money on arts should never be considered as a waste of resources. People should realise that arts sector has a major role in showcasing a nation’s tradition, culture and uniqueness of the native people or community. Visual arts and literary arts depict the talents of our poets, writers, linguists and painters. Theatrical performance by musicians, drama actors, dancers and filmmakers is recognised globally and is recommended for most respectable awards. For instance, in India the musician A. R. Rahman won / has won an Oscar award, for his work in the movie named “Slumdog millionaire”. Since the Oscar award is the most prestigious award, it was the proudest moment for every Indian when it was conferred on an Indian. I would say the government should take steps to discover the young talents and bring them to the limelight.
Secondly, investing in the arts sector could really help in improving the revenue of tourism. The art galleries, paintings and literary work exhibitions attract many tourists thereby making the country a hotspot for global tourism. For example, Kurukshetra in India is a famous tourist attraction. This became popular among foreign tourists because of the legendary description about the war that took place there many decades ago in a famous literary epic “Mahabharath”. Thus, these literary and visual arts contribute majorly in tourism revenue.
To summarise, I appreciate that the government focuses on essential public sectors for the people’s welfare. But I would say that the government should allocate enough funds for the arts sector as well to prevent it from perishing.
- Some People Think That The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should stop wasting money on arts
- The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts And This Money Could Be Better Spent Elsewhere | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and this money could be better spent elsewhere
- Should Government Spend Money On Arts When They Have So Many Other Important Issues | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Government Investment In The Arts Is A Waste Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That Arts Are A Waste Of Money | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Are Losing Interest In Arts
- Many People Think That International Tourism Is Bad | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Government Should Give Money To Homeless People | Band 7 IELTS essay sample