Some People Think That The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent elsewhere.
To what extent do you agree with this view?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee. You can find a video lesson on writing a to what extent do you agree/disagree essay here.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Whether art and artists should receive government funding has always been a topic of discussion. Some people opine that instead of wasting money on arts, the government should allocate its funds for the betterment of other sectors. I cannot agree with this opinion. In my opinion art is as important as any other sector and should receive government support.
There are several reasons why the government should spend money on arts. One of the predominant reasons is that art reflects the culture of a country and promotes people’s understanding of their culture and architecture. Secondly, people from outside the country come to see the historical buildings and by maintaining its artistic legacy, a country can encourage tourists to visit again and again. This practice boosts the tourism sector and eventually the economic growth of a country. Thirdly, the art sector employs many people. For example, artists like singers and dancers have huge fan following. Their shows are watched by thousands of people. Such events provide employment to hundreds of people. Without government funding many art forms will die down and that will be a huge loss for the country.
However, spending on arts should not be at the expense of other sectors like education, healthcare or defence. Those are certainly more important and hence should receive more funding. It is just that art should not be neglected.
To conclude, I believe that the government should distribute its funds evenly to all sectors including arts because every sector has its own contribution towards the development of a country.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should stop wasting money on arts
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and this money could be better spent elsewhere
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Governments Support Art And Artists?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Are Losing Interest In Arts
- Some People Think That Public Art Should Be Funded By Governments | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Government Should Allot More Funds For The Teaching Of Science
- Money for postgraduate research is limited | Band 9 IELTS essay sample