Some People Think That The Best Way To Stay Fit Is To Join A Gym | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think the best way to stay fit is by joining a gym/health club while others think doing everyday activities such as walking and climbing stairs is sufficient. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Watch this Youtube tutorial on writing a discuss both sides essay.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
It is a matter of debate whether doing everyday physical activities is as beneficial as going to a gym. In my opinion, joining a gymnasium is a better way to maintain physical fitness.
On the one hand, some people consider daily walks and staircase climbing as light exercises that can be easily performed and monitored in order to stay fit. Modern gadgets like Apple Watch and GetSetGo allow a person to count the calories they burn per day by performing everyday activities. This encourages the people to take stairs instead of elevators, go for morning and evening walks, and walk to the market. Hence, these activities are beneficial for maintaining balanced healthy lifestyles. However, these measures will ensure only moderate levels of fitness.
On the other hand, if a person is obese and wants to get rid of the excess body, hitting the gym is a better idea for them. Likewise, people who are interested in body building cannot achieve it by simply walking to office or climbing stairs. They need intensive physical workouts that can only be performed in a gym. Taking gym membership tends to make a person perform workouts regularly. To elaborate, the trainers usually provide dietary tips and, workout plans and monitor the fitness level of their trainees on a regular basis. As a result, one adheres to the instructions not only to stay fit but also to get instant positive results. Another benefit is that a person can perform full-body exercises in gyms. There is a range of equipment available in these clubs which are specifically designed for various body parts. For example, the treadmill is generally used for leg exercise. Therefore, going to gym is more beneficial for maintaining high levels of physical fitness.
In conclusion, although general fitness can be maintained by performing daily walks, in my opinion, joining a health club is essential for maintaining optimal levels of physical fitness.
- Some Believe That The Best Way To Stay Fit Is To Join A Gym Or Health Club | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Are Less Fit And Active Now Than In The Past | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Going To A Fitness Centre Regularly Is Unnecessary | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That The Best Way To Improve Public Health Is By Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should women join armed forces?
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Succeed in Sports
- Some People Prefer To Relax By Doing Physical Activities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Join Distance Learning Programs And Study At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Becoming Obese
- Band 8 Sample | Causes of Obesity