Some people think that the main factors influencing a child’s development these days are things such as television, friends, and music. Others believe that the family still remains more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Raising children into mature and successful adults is a big responsibility and it has become even more challenging today than in the past. Parents and siblings used to be the first and foremost influence on a child’s development, but the rapid expansion of technology and cultural changes have significantly impacted the way in which a child will develop. However, I still firmly believe that family holds greater power to affect a child’s behaviour in her development stages due to the fact that it is the family that the child is going to spend more of her time with and thus get more exposure from.
Studies have shown that children learn by seeing and observing what the adults around them do. Since the father and the mother are the first point of contact for a child, they will learn a great deal from them in early years. As the child grows older, they might be introduced to new sources of information. For example, they could be influenced by their friends or the movies they watch. Even then, family will be the greatest influence on the child because parents can monitor the friend circle of the child and minimize the unwanted impact. They can also decide what programmes the child should watch on television or which songs they should listen to.
To conclude, a child may be influenced by people and factors outside of their home; even so, family will be the biggest influence on them because parents can control the external influences to a great extent.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- Band 7 essay sample: Friends’ influence over young people
- Some People Believe That Watching Television Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- People say that a child’s success is dependent on the way parents bring them up | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- It Is Better To Learn Cooking After People Become Adults | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample