Some People Think That Success Is The Best Measure Of Intelligence | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that success is the best measure of intelligence whilst others think that intelligent can be measured in other ways. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is often thought that success indicates the intelligence of a person. However, others believe that intelligence can be tested through other methods. In my opinion, success is not the indicator of intelligence.
There are other factors which can lead to success such as the ability to cope with challenges and to learn from mistakes. It is often seen that resilient people tend to be more successful whether they are intelligent or not. This is because such people adapt to different circumstances. Even if they fail, they bounce back and eventually succeed. For example, 90% of successful entrepreneurs who participated in a recent survey in London said that they achieved their success by being adaptable. Another factor that determines the success of an individual is his hard work and determination. Successful people are often diligent and consistent in their efforts. For example, scientists owe their discoveries to their hard work. If scientists did not make constant efforts, they would not come up with achievements.
As for measuring the intelligence of a person, various tests are available. Formal exams in schools and IQ tests help determine the intelligence level of a person. It is not necessary that those who perform better in these tests tend to be successful in their careers. For instance, many top performing outstanding students of medical schools do not necessarily turn out to be successful doctors in medical practice.
In conclusion, success of a person is the indicator of his hard work and resilience and not intelligence. In my opinion, being intelligent is not sufficient to be successful. It is the combination of a number of factors such as hard work, determination and diligence that lead to success.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Do You Think Wealth Is The Best Measure Of Success | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Money Is The Only Measure Of The Success Of A Business | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Only Way To Judge Someone’s Success In Business Is By The Amount of Money They Make | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Person’s Upbringing Determines Their Chances Of Success In Adult Life
- Some People Fail In School But End Up Being Successful In Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Leaders Should Be Intelligent
- Some people fail in school, but end up being successful in life | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Most people agree that money cannot be happiness. Why is happiness difficult to define? How can people achieve happiness?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Marketing And Promotion Are Crucial To The Success Of A Business