Some People Think That Secondary School Children Should Study International News As One Of The School Subjects | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that secondary school children should study international news as one of the school subjects. Other people think that it is a waste of valuable school time. What do you think? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, secondary school children should be aware of international news and for this purpose, it should be added to their curriculum. While this may enhance students’ knowledge of current affairs, I feel it is politically dangerous and severely damaging for the mental growth of school students.
To start with, the young minds will simply digest and assimilate any information fed to them and hence the news feed that arrives to a classroom has to be authentic and truthful. If schools are not careful about choosing an unbiased source of news and information, it may affect children’s perspectives. For instance, if a child grows up watching FOXNEWS, then he/she will be influenced and thereby inclined towards right-wing political party.
Furthermore, the education system in the modern society is intended to enlighten and inspire the youngsters to set and achieve positive goals in life. However, the majority of the news broadcasted on popular channels are predominantly negative in nature. Hence the expression “if it bleeds, it leads”. For example, a teenager will learn more about natural disasters, epidemic, riots, famine etc. happening worldwide than positive aspects of life like scientific inventions, sports or inspirational stories. Such news will only intimidate them and educate them about negative affairs rather than inspiring them to do well in life.
To conclude, the international news is inappropriate information for a child’s consumption given the political biasness and harsh reality covered in those. Hence, I wholeheartedly support the current curriculum for school pupils.
- Some People Think That International News Should Be Included In The School Syllabus | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children Should Study Academic Subjects At School; Others Believe That Practical Subjects Are More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries, Secondary School Provides A General Education Across A Range Of Subjects | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Although More And More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children Will Benefit From Attending Nursery School Before Primary School