Some People Think That Schools Should Involve Students In School Management | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that schools should involve students in school management. Do you agree or disagree with this idea? Give reasons for your answer.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to some people students should be allowed to be a part of the school management team because it will enable them to gain valuable skills. I completely disagree with this statement because pupils are not mature enough to play the crucial role of managing the school activities. Also, they should not be burdened with extra responsibilities.
To commence with, one of the obvious reasons for not including students in the management team is that they are at their learning stage and do not have the maturity to handle such roles. Their priorities will always be focused on their own interest rather than the necessity. To illustrate, if the student representatives do not like games, they will not be in the favour of having sports activities in the curriculum. Another reason not to involve students in managerial activities is that their syllabus is already heavy and they cannot waste any time for running the school. They are already occupied with studying their core subjects and sparing time for these tasks may have an adverse impact on their studies.
Furthermore, school years are not the perfect time for students to learn the management skills when they do not even know the difference between good and evil. Therefore, gaining academic knowledge should be their prime objective in school rather than becoming a part of the management.
To conclude, the argument that students should take part in school management activities does not hold water because pupils at this age cannot do justice to this role. Also, these extra responsibilities may affect their studies.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Schools Should Prepare Students For University Rather Than For Work | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Schools Should Be Responsible To Teach Young Adults To Look After Their Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Discipline Is An Ever Increasing Problem In Modern Schools | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample