Some People Think That Public Art Should Be Funded By Governments | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that public art should be funded by governments, while others believe that it should be funded by other sources. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
There is no doubt that public art needs funding. People have different views about who should support it. While the support of the government is important, I agree with those who believe that other sources of funding should be considered.
Some people insist that governments have the duty to financially support public art. Governments collect taxes from the public and funding public art is a good way for them to pay back. Public art can improve the living environment and its aesthetics. Governments can give citizens instant access to works of art by placing sculptures and paintings in public squares. Moreover, unlike private companies, governments are more likely to invest in the public art which needs regular repairs and maintenance, because it is a long-term investment without obvious financial returns. Therefore, funds from governments are necessary.
Even so, in my opinion, governments have other areas to focus on. For example, providing education and healthcare is more important than supporting arts and artists. Therefore, instead of spending millions for promoting arts, the government should encourage its citizens and other organizations to promote arts. For example, when companies promote public art, they also get to advertise their brand and enhance its value. People can also use public art to support the causes they believe in. Governments can encourage public funding of arts by giving them some tax rebates.
To conclude, public art certainly needs funding because it has a positive influence in many aspects of life. In my opinion, since governments already have heavy financial burdens on their shoulders, there is no justification for them to spend huge amounts of money to promote arts. Instead, they should encourage private organizations and individuals to invest in public arts.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Band 9 essay sample: All governments should ban smoking in public places
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Governments Support Art And Artists?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport