Some People Think That News And Media Are Affecting Our Lives In A Positive Way | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that news and media are affecting our lives in a positive way. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
News and media have become an indispensable part of people lives. I agree with the argument that these are impacting us in a positive way by entertaining us and keeping us informed of the latest events.
Media is the vital source of entertaining stuff which rejuvenates and entertains us throughout the day. Due to the demands of the job and conflicts in families, everybody has a lot of stress in their daily life. Listening to music and watching videos give us a relief from the monotony of work and relaxation from family problems. For instance, I am a software engineer who spends around 2 hours every night to watch a comedy show on television because it energizes me for the next day. Thus it is evident that the media play an important role in improving the productivity of people.
As the world is changing rapidly, it is crucial to keep ourselves updated with the latest developments. News provides us a deep knowledge and understanding of the latest happenings around us. As a result, this makes it very easy for people to react to current events. For example, when India government recently decided to build a road through a national park, the news informed people about the disastrous consequences of the project. A campaign by the people compelled the government to abandon the project.
To conclude, in my opinion, the news and media influence people’s lives in a positive way as they entertain us and assist us stay informed and vigilant.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Radio Is The Best Way To Get News While Others Think That Television Is Better | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Part In Most People’s lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- News Editors Decide What To Broadcast On Television And What To Print In Newspapers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- Most People Think That The Truth Should Be Objective Rather Than Subjective When It Comes To The News | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample