Some People Think That New Technology Always Improves The Lives Of Workers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that new technology always improves lives of workers while others think it result in disadvantages for workers. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Technological advancement has a great impact on human race especially the working class. Some believe that it has assisted the labourers while others criticize their statement. This essay will discuss both sides and prove why this development is a boon for workers.
With the introduction of automatic technology in workplaces, the work load on employees has plunged / has reduced. The tasks that earlier required 10-20 people, are now achieved with one machine. Moreover, these gadgets have enhanced accuracy and performance in business projects. The data can be sorted and presented at the click of a mouse button. For example, with a Powerpoint presentation we can narrate every aspect of a project and there is no need to carry a bundle of documents.
However, others also criticize about the problems that has resulted from this innovation. The major reason is that with the introduction of technical equipment the requirement for workforce has reduced which in effect has increased the unemployment rates. A survey by the Economic Forum of India has shown that 25% of people have lost their jobs in the past 3 years. Others also argue about the risks involved in operating gigantic machines in manufacturing companies. Any malfunctioning of the equipment may cause serious injuries to the workers using them.
Personally, I think technology has benefitted workers in numerous ways. While it is true that it caused the loss of jobs in certain sectors, it also created many more jobs in other sectors. Also, safety concerns can be alleviated to a great extent by taking appropriate safety measures.
In conclusion, technology in the business environment has both pros and cons. However, if the job loss and safety concerns are controlled wisely, it will undoubtedly revolutionize the employee’s performance and thus the productivity of an organization.
- Technology Is Improving The Lives Of Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Computers And Modems Have Made It Possible For Office Workers To Do Much Of Their Work From Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That New Technologies Benefit The Life Of Workers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Robot Technology Is Very Important For Our Future | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Rescue Workers Should Not Risk Their Life To Save People Doing Dangerous Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That High End Technology Can Prevent And Cut Down Crime Rate | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Technology Is Increasingly Being Used To Monitor What People Are Saying And Doing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- When A Country Develops Its Technology Traditional Skills And Ways Of Life Die Out | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample