Some People Think That It Is Fine For Professional Sports Persons To Misbehave On Or Off The Field As Long As They Are Playing Well | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that it is fine for professional sportsmen and sportswomen to misbehave on or off the field, as long as they are playing well. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organisation ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that the talent of a player can justify his inappropriate behavior on the ground. This essay disagrees with this view. Firstly, it can create discord among team members. Secondly, it will send the wrong message to their audience, especially young audience.
A match is not about an individual player. Though you may have a brilliant player in the team, he alone can’t win matches for you. A suitable coordination is the key to success for a team and hence team manager needs to show unbiased treatment to all players irrespective of any individual’s performance. The zero-tolerance policy will ensure that there is no space for a trouble creator in the team and will ensure that all players treat others with dignity. For example, recently the Australian Cricket team banned their top-performing captain on the account of ball tempering and sledging.
Sportspersons have a huge fan-following and that includes youngsters. Because these supporters blindly follow their role models, they also mimic their actions in personal life which can create serious consequences for them. For example, after a recent clash between two senior players during the world cup match, their supporters also emulated the same action outside the ground and vandalized public properties. Police arrested all the offenders and imposed a heavy fine on them.
In conclusion, there may be some supremely talented players in sports but it is the team effort which makes history and we can’t defend the irresponsible actions of a star player. Also, players need to exhibit exemplary behavior along with their skills as there are millions of young eyes always watching / following them. Hence, in my opinion, trouble makers must be punished and their talent cannot be an excuse for condoning their bad behaviour.
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Succeed in Sports
- Team Sports Help School Students To Learn More Than Usual Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Competitive Sports Can Cause Conflicts Between Nations | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals Always Succeed In Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Professional Sports, There Is An Increase In The Number Of Athletes Using Banned Substances | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better For Children To be Outside Playing Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Physical Strength Is More Important For Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Some People Think Playing Computer Games Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents For Sports Or Music, And Others Are Not | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample