Some People Think That It Is Better To Spend Money To Eliminate The Cause Of Crime | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that it is better to spend more money to eliminate the cause of crime while others think that the government should spend more on punishment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Every government allocates a certain proportion of its budget for the safety of its citizens. Some people opine that authorities should invest money to eradicate the root cause of crime while others assert that it ought to be spent on the punishment of criminals. In my opinion, uprooting the causes of crime is the most effective way to make the society safer.
On the one hand, there are certainly some benefits to spending money on punishing the offenders in order to set an example in front of the public. Strict punishment is a lesson for people and it can create fear among them. As a result, they will not want to indulge in any kind of illegal activity. For instance, some nations have negligible incidences of rape because they follow stringent punishment procedures to tackle such cases. However, I believe that it is a less effective way because when people are about to commit a crime, they are not in a sober mood to think about the consequences.
On the other hand, investing funds to eradicate the major causes of crime is a much more beneficial strategy because this will dramatically decrease the crime rate. The majority of illegal activities are performed by offenders due to the lack of insufficient funds and unemployment. If such problems are eradicated from the society by authorities, the crime figures will automatically drop. Moreover, investment in removing crime will lead to the foundation of an egalitarian society where people will be able to live peacefully and safely. Countries, where the crime rate is zero are the happiest and Finland is a prime example of this. This is much more effective than punishing people to set an example for others because people easily forget what happened to others.
In conclusion, although spending money on harsh punishment is a lesson for criminals and public, I think working on the main reason of crime is a much more effective strategy to eliminate crime completely as it will be better for the safety of people and for the progress of the country / the nation.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Think That Fighting Poverty Is The Best Way To Reduce Crime
- People Feel Unsafe In Public And At Home | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Is Responsible For Crime Prevention | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Reduce Crime Is To Give Longer Prison Sentences | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime
- Band 9 essay sample | Eliminating poverty is the best way to reduce crime rates
- Band 7 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates
- There Has Been An Increase In The Number Of Children Committing Crime | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample