Some people think that it is a good idea to have a detailed plan for activities to do in their free time. Others disagree with this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people are in favour of organizing their pastime activities, whereas others opine that there is no need to plan leisure time activities. While both methods have their advantages, I am inclined to support the latter view.
Planning one’s free time activities has several benefits. To begin with, people will have a routine, which will aid their time management. To elaborate, if we do not have a plan of activities to be carried out in the leisure time, we will spend a considerable amount of time wondering what to do. This would exhaust our available time. In addition to that, having a routine hobby such as playing sports or reading books will not only help us to pass our time but also improve our lives in all aspects. For instance, training routinely for a sport as a hobby will certainly make anyone an expert in that particular game.
However, considering the hectic schedules in the contemporary world, people have a greater need to rest and relax. As such having to plan for their leisure activities will add more stress to their already stressed out life. To cite an example, more often than not people work for 10 hours a day in my country. On top of this, if they had to plan and participate in a regular activity, it would certainly not help. Furthermore, pleasurable activities should not be time bound. Whenever time comes into the equation, it brings unwanted pressure.
To conclude, planning one’s pastime activity in detail certainly allows us to use the available time in the most efficient manner. Even so, in my opinion, it is better to indulge in an activity, which we prefer to do in that particular time without prior planning so that it will not add up any stress.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Prefer To Plan The Activities For Their Free Time Carefully | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Some People Say Parents Should Encourage Their Children To Take Part In Organized Group Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Group Activities Vs Individual Activities For Children
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Few People Have A Hobby These Days
- In Many Places Shopping Is The New Leisure Time Activity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Shopping Has Become More And More Popular As A Leisure Activity | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Shopping Has Become More And More Popular As a Leisure Activity
- Band 7 Essay Sample | The Best Way To Enjoy Leisure Is To Do Nothing