Some People Think That International News Should Be Included In The School Syllabus | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that secondary school children should study international news as one of the school subjects. Other people think that it is a waste of valuable school time. What do you think? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In recent decades, the world has become more connected due to the advancement in the communication technology and the economical rates of the internet services. A few educationists have put forward a proposal to include International news as a mandatory subject for secondary school students. I support this view. In this essay, I shall put emphasis on the benefits of including global news in the academic syllabus of the secondary school students.
To begin with, regular update on the worldwide news keeps the pupil aware of the international sports events and their results. It has been seen as an encouraging factor for children and inspires them to participate in various sports competitions. To explain it further, this awareness will play a vital role in India, where academics have always received paramount importance in schools. A recent study conducted by one of the famous sports institutes, shows that sports people’s struggles and achievements in different fields leaves a lifelong positive impact on youngsters than on adults.
In addition, the International news about a calamity prepares the young minds for any non-favorable conditions. It also teaches them to stay united to overcome the disaster and its aftermath. For instance, when Tsunami destroyed Japan’s historical monuments and its modern infrastructure, the tremendous effort made by Japanese people to overcome the situation motivated many young minds to think about plans to mitigate future disasters.
In conclusion, giving children a mandatory exposure to the latest happenings outside of their country always motivates them to have a healthy discussion with their peers and directs their minds towards better life and career prospects.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Unpaid Community Service Should Be A Compulsory Part Of High School Programmes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should news editors give more importance to good news?
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Merits And Demerits Of Learning A Foreign Language In Primary School
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample