Some People Think That Having A Conversation On A Mobile Phone In A Public Or Crowded Place Should Be Banned | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that having a conversation on a mobile phone in a public or crowded place should be banned. Others feel that we should be able to talk wherever we like. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People have different views on the practice of using mobile phones in public places. While many people think that communication over these devices should not be allowed, others feel free to converse anywhere. This essay will discuss both views before drawing a conclusion.
Some people think that conversation on the phone should be banned in the crowded places because it can irritate others. Since many people are engaged in the activities outside, which require silence, noise over the phone will distract them. As a result, they may not able to perform their task with full dedication, and can feel frustrated. For example, students who are preparing for their exams in the library may get distracted by hearing continuous noise over the phone. It is possible that many students will leave their ongoing task as they may feel frustrated.
Nevertheless, I agree with the people who think that discussions over the phones should be not be restricted in busy places. This is because smartphones are beneficial in emergency situations. As many people visit different places for household tasks, they may be caught in emergency situations where they need to contact their family members immediately. If they are restricted from conversing on phone, they may not be able to provide assistance to them. Hence, there are chances that some mishaps will occur. For instance, a pregnant woman who has gone into labour may want to contact her husband who is at work or some other place. In such situations, if he cannot attend her call because he is in a public place, the result can be catastrophic.
In conclusion, although conversation in public places disturbs many people, I believe that they should be allowed as many times people need to communicate important messages to their loved ones.
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Band 9 essay sample: Should mobiles be banned in public places?
- You Recently Had A Meal In A Restaurant And Left Your Mobile Phone There | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Many people believe that mobile phones cause more harms than the benefits | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?
- Some People Think That Dangerous Sports Should Be Banned | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample