Some People Think That Going To A Fitness Centre Regularly Is Unnecessary | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that going to a fitness center regularly is unnecessary. Instead, they believe that combining occasional exercise (such as going for walks) with a balanced diet is enough to stay healthy. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
A few people are of the opinion that going to a fitness center or a gymnasium does not yield as much health benefit as the combination of occasional exercise and diet. I disagree with this claim and I believe that for the sake of good health one must visit the fitness centre regularly.
Firstly, fitness should be a part of the daily regime just like eating, sleeping and going to work is. In other words, it should not be seen as a one of activity which you do only when you find time and it should be viewed as an important daily activity like other survival activities. Many nutritionists believe that exercise should be a daily activity and it shouldn’t be something people do when they get some free time. This is because regular exercise helps one in maintaining their metabolism rate, thus ensuring overall good health. Secondly, by going to a fitness center you get to perform a variety of fitness activities which are otherwise difficult to perform on one’s own. Another advantage of visiting a gym is that you get to work out with fitness conscious people. This is a great way to stay motivated and stick to your fitness goals.
On the other hand, an occasional walk or jog probably was sufficient in the past when people engaged in physically demanding jobs. The situation is quite different today. Most people these days have desk jobs that require them to sit in front of a computer for hours on end. They live an extremely sedentary life and going for a walk or a swim once or twice a week will not help them achieve their fitness goals even if they make a conscious effort to eat right.
To conclude, I believe that by simply eating right and exercising every now and then is unlikely to help people achieve their fitness goals. Hence, I would argue that visiting a gym is a must.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Levels of Fitness Are Decreasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Level Of Fitness Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample | Causes of Obesity
- Doctors Recommend That Older People Should Get Regular Exercise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Your Local Council Is Planning To Close The Health And Leisure Centre | IELTS Letter Sample
- The Best Way To Improve Health Is To Do Regular Exercise | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Why do people walk less now?
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise Either During The Working Day Or In Their Free Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Work Long Hours, Leaving Very Little Time For Leisure Activities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample