Some people think that e- books are the death of paper books while others think that paper books will never disappear. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that the emergence of electronic books has drastically affected the production of paper books. On the other hand, there are people who strongly believe that paper books will never lose their importance.
Although, e-books are easy to access from any corner of the world, I would always prefer reading paper books to avoid eyesight problems and some associated physical problems. In the current scenario, people are very keen to use the compact gadgets for almost everything in their daily routine. Advanced innovations have led to the inventions of pocket sized mobiles, palmtop computers and light weight Macbooks. Nowadays people need not worry about packing books during travel and there is no need to carry bulky printed books. Interestingly, almost all books are now available online and can be downloaded onto your device for free or for a small fee.
Even so, printed books are here to stay because of some inherent advantages they possess. To start with, you don’t phone or tablet or an internet connection to read a hardcover book. While it is true that it does have some weight and occupy some space, it is never too heavy or too bulky to carry in your backpack. Another advantage that printed books have over ebooks is that anybody can read them at any time. You do not have to be tech savvy to read your ebook. This feature of printed books makes them particularly suitable for the elderly who may find it difficult to use an ebook reader. Yet another advantage of ebooks is that they do not cause eyestrain like ebooks. There is also the nostalgic feeling associated with smelling the paper or flipping the pages.
To conclude, it is true that ebooks have many advantages and they are also becoming quite possible. However, none of the advantages that ebooks possess are good enough to make them obliterate printed books from the world.
- University Libraries Should Focus on eBooks Only Instead Of Paper Based Books | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- With The Rise Of Ebooks Comes The Decline In Paper Books | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e books rather than paper books | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- With The Rise In eBooks Comes The Decline In Paper Books | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
- Some People Think That Children Should Learn To Read From Traditional Paper Books | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- The Main Purpose Of Public Libraries Is To Provide Books, And They Should Not Provide Hi-tech Computer Software Or Videos | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample