Some People Think That Children Should Learn To Design And Make Things In School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that children should learn to design and make things in school. Others believe that there are better things to learn. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
People’s opinions differ as to what should be incorporated into the school curriculum. Some people believe that pupils should have the opportunity to make and design things by themselves, while others insist that children should focus on other useful alternatives. In my opinion, these subjects are not mutually exclusive and children can learn all of them.
On the one hand, the vast majority of children benefit from creating things independently. This is mainly because they can form various kinds of ideas based on their imagination without any boundaries and put their ideas into practice, designing the things they imagined. The frequent involvement in such processes can cultivate their creativity which is a valuable ability, since individuals with this ability can maintain relatively higher work efficiency in their future professional lives by approaching a problem from different angles. Therefore, children’s acquisition of such skills is necessary as it fosters their creativity and ingenuity. Designing things is also a great way for children to develop their hand-eye coordination and some of them might even be able to turn a hobby into a career. For example, children who enjoy building toy cars may eventually become automobile engineers.
On the other hand, designing things should not be the only thing taught in school. Students have to learn a lot of other subjects as well. For example, they need to learn mathematics, science, history and literature. All of these subjects are essential to acquire crucial life skills and knowledge they need to make a proper understanding of the world around them and get ahead in life. Without this learning it is not possible for children to have a flourishing career.
In conclusion, all subjects deserve to be learned by children, since such acquisition is beneficial for their future career.
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Children Should Not Learn Geography At School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School While Others Think It Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That School Children Should Learn How To Grow Food | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Are Some People Who Think That Schools Should Teach Children Specific Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Team Sports Help School Students To Learn More Than Usual Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children Should Study Academic Subjects At School; Others Believe That Practical Subjects Are More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Senior School Students Should Learn A Wide Range Of Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Should Be Taught At Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That School Children Should Be Given Individual Class Work While Others Think That Working In Groups Is Good For Them | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample