Some People Think That Children Should Learn How Advertisements Try To Persuade Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that children should learn how advertisements try to persuade them in school. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization tips and writing lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Advertising is considered as the most effective way of increasing sales of the advertised products, and the vast majority of corporations use this market tool. Some people believe that children should be taught about the deceptive marketing strategies employed by advertisers. I strongly agree with them.
To begin with, both children and their guardians can benefit from learning how advertisers fool them into buying their products. It is widely acknowledged that advertising often uses some strategies, such as hiring movie stars to endorse their products so that they become more attractive. Children are not mature enough and do not encounter the hardships of earning money, so they are more likely to pester their guardians to purchase those frivolous, pricy and advertised products, and thus exert financial burden on their parents.
Another downside of falling into the trap of advertisements is that they often have a negative effect on the health of children. For example, some children are captivated by the adverts of convenient food and hence they consume an excessive amount of them. Unfortunately, consumption of these foods increases their risk of obesity and diabetes. It is important for children to understand that tasty food is not always healthy. It is also important for them to develop healthy eating habits from childhood. There are also some adverts that depict dangerous stunts. Children are too naïve to understand that these stunts are performed by experts that too under strict supervision and with the help of special effects. Unfortunately, many children do not realize this and they serious injure or even kill themselves while trying to imitate those dangerous stunts.
In conclusion, it is imperative for children to learn about the tactics that advertisers use to coax them into buying their products. Knowledge of these strategies will not only ensure their health and safety but also save their parents’ money.
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different mediums for car advertisements
- Ads Targeting Children Should Not Be Allowed During Prime Time | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increase In The Number Of Ads Targeting Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That School Children Should Learn How To Grow And Cook Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Punishment Is Necessary For Children To Learn The Distinction Between Right And Wrong | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Companies Use Advertising To Increase Sales | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample