Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School While Others Think It Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that art is an essential subject for children at school while others think it is a waste of time. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.Watch this Youtube tutorial on writing a discuss both sides essay here.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
There is no doubt that art education can play a vital role in the overall development of a child. Although some believe that including this including art in their curriculum is not worth their time, I would argue that it is a necessary subject that enhances their learning experience.
On the one hand, those who believe studying art is time consuming and worthless might argue that it does not lead to a successful career. This is because many artists struggle to make a living. For instance, a painter may have trouble selling a single piece of his art. By contrast, if the same time is utilized for learning other more important subjects such as science or business at school, it is likely that it will result in a fruitful profession like medicine, engineering, law or architecture.
On the other hand, my view is that it is very important to teach art at this stage because it imparts different life skills. The reason for this is that by practicing arts children can develop skills like patience, improved motor ability, better hand-eye co-ordination, creativity and many more. By completing a project and observing the rewards of hard work they build perseverance and unique way of thinking abilities, for example. Hence, if these skills are not taught at school, it may hinder the overall development of children.
In conclusion, while it is true that teaching art at school may seem to be a worthless and time consuming pursuit, it is my firm belief that the time spent on it will definitely foster life skills crucial for success in future.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Believe That Children Should Study Academic Subjects At School; Others Believe That Practical Subjects Are More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people think that studying history is a waste of time while others think that it is essential to learn | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Believe That School Children Should Not Be Given Homework | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Experts Believe That It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language At Primary School | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children Will Benefit From Attending Nursery School Before Primary School
- In Some Countries Children Begin Formal School At 4 Years Old | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Teaching Children At Home And School
- Some People Think That Books Should Be Stopped In School And That Video Films And Computers Should Be Used Instead | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Children Should Not Learn Geography At School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample